Clumsy Standa and recently widower Bronya are volunteer firefighters in a small village where they enjoy a quiet and peaceful life. Things begin to change when a van crashes into a crowd of people during the Easter Fair. Before anyone notices, the driver runs away from the car crash. People believe it is a terrorist attack and the festive mood is replaced by an atmosphere of fear, hatred, and misinformation. Bronya, who is convinced of terrorism, is trying to do something to improve the situation. The sense of danger pumps new blood into his veins, and the fire brigade becomes a militia.
Director Adam Koloman Rybanský’s confidently told and rhythmically compelling debut examines the mechanisms of racism and exclusion in the microcosm of a village. At the same time, he takes a loving and humorous look at human weakness, revealing a deeply humanist worldview.
Length: 85, Year: 2022
- director Adam Koloman Rybanský
- producers Eva Pavlíčková, Pavel Vácha
- scriptwriter Adam Koloman Rybanský, Lukáš Csicsely
- director of photography Matěj Pinos
- editor Alan Sýs
- sound design Adam Bláha
- production designer Ivana Kanhäuserová, Antonín Matějovský
- production company Bratři s.r.o.
- co-producer FREESAM, Czech TV
- cast Michal Isteník, Miroslav Krobot, Anna Polívková, Vladimír Škultéty, Jiří Vymětal, Martin Šesták, Václav Hrzina, Marek Pospíchal, Albert Čuba