THE ART OF THE AUDITION, THE BUSINESS OF THE ART
2-day workshop (12 hours) - September 10th and 11th
Paul Weber, one of Hollywood’s most respected casting directors has developed a dynamic, practical and highly effective intensive program that demystifies the audition process and gives the actor the skill and confidence needed to create a memorable audition experience.
IN THIS 2 DAY WORKSHOP MR. WEBER REVEALS:
• The Casting Perspective – What Casting professionals expect from Actors. What key elements are they looking for?
• Why Certain Actors Succeed – Mr. Weber talks about the actors he’s worked
with and reveals what makes them successful, including Johnny Depp, Ryan Reynolds, Dakota Fanning, Reese Witherspoon, Bella Thorne and Jason Momoa.
• What You MUST Do Right Now – Jumpstart your career with these valuable tips for self-branding and marketing.
• Don’t psych yourself out before you even get in the room! Essential techniques that will empower you to stop thinking of yourself as “the victim” in the Audition Room and let the “winning performer” take the stage!
• Indispensable advise on how to handle Rejection, and how to embrace Nervousness and Anxiety and make it work to your advantage.
• The Laws of Attraction: What you can do now to make your talent more desirable and marketable to an agent, manager or casting director and why.
• The Headshots & Resumes that get noticed today – The very latest on these crucial tools –
and how the Zoom/Virtual Auditioning digital revolution is permanently transforming the way actors will be seen, and how to Virtually create the most powerful audition experience possible!
- The Anatomy of the Audition – What actually happens?
- How to make the Boldest, most Effective Choices in The Room.
- The Importance of Listening, Cold Reading Technique, and Script Analysis. How to Deliver Your Best Read The Very First Time.
- Why Actors Fail – Common and avoidable mistakes that take Actors out of the picture immediately.
Each actor will be assigned one scene with another actor with material sent in advance. They will perform the scene on camera on the first day, and then be re-directed.
At the end of Day 1, actors will be assigned a "cold read" scene which they will perform on camera on DAY 2
Costs: Early Registration (until July 31) 250 euros. Price also includes a link to your scene work after the course.
Class fee after July 31 : 300 euros
Studio Khapka: Janáčkovo nábř. 61, 150 00 Malá Strana, Prague
Schedule: 10-13H – 14-17H
As Former Executive In House Head of Television Casting and Feature Film Consultant for MGM Studios for 16 years, Paul Weber notably cast the wildly popular STARGATE franchise. Other TV credits include SPARTACUS: GODS OF THE ARENA, OUTLANDER, DEAD LIKE ME, SHE SPIES, POLTERGEIST, and THE OUTER LIMITS. These series and others have garnered numerous honors including 21 Primetime Emmy Award nominations.
For the big screen, Weber has advised on numerous MGM features including the blockbuster JAMES BOND franchise, FAME, ZOOKEEPER with Kevin James, HOT TUB TIME MACHINE, RED DAWN with Chris Hemsworth, Joss Whedon’s CABIN IN THE WOODS, and ROBOCOP.
Weber is now a fully independent casting director and producer. In addition to a number of independent features, recent and on going credits include projects for STARZ, NETFLIX, A&E, HULU, WGN and LIFETIME He is a consultant for several U.S., Canadian and European production companies, studios and networks. BUCKOUT ROAD, a supernatural thriller which he cast and Exec produced, has been released and his most recent feature, THE ISLAND BETWEEN TIDES just completed production. His next feature, CRY FROM THE SEA is in pre production in Ireland. He is also the Casting Executive for the Immersive National Stage Tour of THE QUEEN’S BALL: A BRIDGERTON EXPERIENCE. Under his production banner, “One on the Way Productions”, Paul and his producing partners are engaged in developing and producing new media and independent feature projects.
Weber is a member of the Casting Society of America, the Writers Guild of America, has served on the Host Committee for the Annual Academy Awards and is a regular judge for the Emmy Awards. He is also a respected audition coach and teaches his Art of the Audition, Business of the Art Audition technique class worldwide, including a number of Liberal Arts Colleges and Universities. He was the first American Casting Director ever to be invited to teach an Audition Master Class in South Africa and Cyprus. He also teaches and lectures extensively throughout Canada, Europe and Australia, recently returning from Barcelona, Berlin, Rome, Warsaw and Sydney, Australia, where he taught at the renowned Australian Institute of Performing Arts. His American University visits include USC, UCLA, the University of Texas, Austin, University of Virginia, Loyola Marymount College, University of Conn., University of Arizona, and Sante Fe College, Florida. He is also a regular teaching guest at the SAG-AFTRA Foundation. Paul has been a guest speaker for the Rising Stars Program at the Toronto International Film Festival and also appeared on the prestigious SXSW Film Festival panel representing Film Casting Directors. Originally from Connecticut, Paul makes Los Angeles his home.
TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT PAUL WEBER PLEASE CHECK OUT HIS WEBSITE AT: